15 December 2010

Coco for Coconuts...

Coconut Oil…

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts – I have been using a coconut based (solid) shampoo… if used without conditioner, your hair is pretty tough to brush without saying, “Ouch” …

Review: Lush Trichomania solid bar ~ the shampoo has done pretty well with my hair… (btw, my hair is long and curly and I have been told, a little coarse :/) it lathers really well, if you wish you could break off little pieces to maybe make it last longer… I use it like I would a brush and wipe down the sides of my wet hair and Voilà! It coats my hair and somehow thickens the hair shaft… not sure, however, it feels nice in a weird way… hair smells nice and I am happy! I have heard that some people feel that they have experienced hair loss with it – we lose hair everyday – seems normal to me – it might be because they are not using a conditioner afterwards… you must use one (my opinion).

On another note… I have been reading and researching a bit and now, I believe I am ready to try pure coconut oil on my hair as a mask… if you are interested in doing the same it is best to apply the oil heaviest at the ends and very lightly, or none at all at the roots and wrap your hair in a plastic (shower cap, or small plastic bag will work). You should be able to wear it for at least a day or overnight (protect your bedding, first J) I plan to do this sometime this week when I am off… I will let you know how it goes… as I am in the field of aesthestics, I am always looking for organic ways to care for my skin… coconut oil is said to work wonders on the skin as well… I will try this too!

Ta ta for now…

yours in beauty,

~deirdra

No comments:

Post a Comment